Shop Simple - Botanical Finds
Hi there! This is the second in my series of simple shopping and this time it's all about botanical style. In my own home I've already got several houseplants on the go, some thriving much better than others, but I long for more and also to have a beautiful collection of planters to show them off in. It's nice to have a different mix of styles too, from vintage vessels to modern ceramics, there are so many great ones to choose from. I've included a selection of some of my favourites above, again all from independents, either online or local to me here in Yorkshire. I've also included some other botanical inspired items in this little round-up, artwork, candles and the simply stunning Copper Himmeli from RoCo. And finally, you may have previously read here how much I love the Slow Your Home podcast which is all about simplifying your home and your life. One of their top suggestions for getting through Christmas and not adding to the clutter is to give people experiences rather than material items, so I've added a few local ideas at the bottom of the page should you be looking for something a little different to give this year. Enjoy. x
Top Row Left - Right
- Diamond Cube Copper Himmeli by Ro Co
- Beeswax Honeycomb Candles by The Future Kept
- Hand Blocked Botanical Print by The Future Kept
Middle Row Left - Right
- Hanging Pot in Dusky Pink from Maud's House.
- Handmade Glass Terrarium from Alfie's Studio.
- Succulents and ceramics from The Plant Room and available at Tall Boys Beer Market in Leeds. (not online)
Bottom Row Left - Right
- Small Raw Brass Planter from The Garden Edit.
- Hanging Glass Plant Pot from Rose and Grey.
- Navy ceramic planter from Trouva.
- Try a flowers at home workshop at the wonderful Northern florist Frog Flowers. Read about my day with them here.
- Celebrate plants with The Plant Room in Leeds as they run their Garden Sessions Workshops. Learn the craft of macrame in collaboration with Stitch-Up or enjoy a creative evening of art inspired activities in collaboration with Yorkshire artist Laura Slater.
- Pre-Christmas join florist Katie Ashton in Leeds at new venue Ham and Friends on Saturday 10th December to make natural Christmas wreaths.